Our Lady of Angels Catholic Cemetery
On December 24, 1855 Our Lady of Angels Parish purchased a half-acre lot from Lewis Nash and his wife for a burial ground on the east side of and adjacent to the Cuba Cemetery on Cemeteary Street, later to be known as Medbury Avenue. When that parcel became full, the parish decided to purchase the property on the eastern edge of the Village on old East Main Street. The property was purchased from Mr. and Mrs. Webster in November of 1912. In 1962 the State of New York acquired part of the grounds for the new Cuba to Friendship Road, known as Allegany County Route 20.
The cemetery presently contains about 3 acres of space which includes a parcel of land purchased in 1960’s under the pastorate of Father Francis McCormick. This acquisition more than doubled the size of the original cemetery.
Stones from the foundation of a home on South Street the parishioners of Our Lady of Angels Church had purchased in 1917 were used for the four stone pillars that stand on either side of the circular driveway in the original cemetery. The house which had been on the corner of South and Mill Streets was moved in 1924 to the north side East Main Street across from the cemetery.
Cuba Police Department
DIAL 911 for EMERGENCY
Cuba Fire Department
National Grid Electric
National Fuel Gas
Cuba Water & Sewer